WACO, Texas (AP) - Bryce Petty threw for 338 yards and two touchdowns, Lache Seastrunk ran for 150 yards with three scores and Baylor's first-team offense had 576 total yards in only 11 minutes with the ball as the 23rd-ranked Bears beat Buffalo 70-13 Saturday.
The starters for the Bears (2-0) had eight touchdowns in their nine drives. The only non-scoring driving was when they had the ball at the end of the first half.
Baylor finished with a school-record 781 total yards and topped the 69 points scored a week earlier in what had been the most for the Bears since 1929.
Alex Neutz had six catches for a career-high 197 for Buffalo (0-2).
Petty completed 13 of 16 passes, and two of his incompletions were balls caught but ruled out of bounds. He also ran for a score.
• Baylor's 70 points broke the school record (set last week at 69) for most in the modern era (4th-most all-time, most since 1929).
• With 781 yards of offense in the game, the Bears have had at least 400 yards of total offense in 29 straight games dating back to Dec. 29, 2011.
• Baylor's 781 yards of total offense were the most in program history.
• Baylor topped 600 yards of total offense for the 22nd time in program history (17 times in Briles era) and 700+ yards for the 3rd time (all in Briles era).
• Baylor's 452 passing yards were the 3rd-most in program history.
• Baylor had 300+ rushing yards (329) and 300+ passing yards (452) in the same game for the 3rd time in program history.
• Baylor had 301 total yards and 28 points in the 1st quarter.
• Baylor's 28 points in both the 1st and 2nd quarters marked the 3rd and 4th times in the first six quarters this season that the Bears scored 28+ points -- the Bears scored 28+ points in a quarter just seven times in program history entering the season.
• Baylor's 28 1st-quarter points and 28 2nd-quarter points tied the 3rd-most in any quarter in program history (10th and 11th times scoring 28+ in a quarter in program history).
• BU's 28 1st-quarter points and 28 2nd-quarter points tied the most in any quarter in Floyd €ˆCasey €ˆStadium history (7th and 8th times overall, 3rd and 4th times this year).
• Baylor now has 22 passing TDs of 50+ yards since 2011, which is 10 more than any other team in that span, according to ESPN Stats & Info.
• Baylor became the nation's first team to score 28+ in the 1st quarter of consecutive games since Oklahoma in 2008, according to Stats, Inc.
• Baylor's 56 points in the 1st half were the most by Baylor in a half in the modern era (passing 43 vs. €ˆWashington in 2011 Alamo Bowl) and the most in a half in Floyd Casey Stadium's 64-year history (previous record was 41 vs. Northwestern State in 2009).
• QB Bryce Petty completed 13-of-16 passes for 338 yards and 2 TDs. He's thrown for 300+ yards and 2 TDs in both of his career starts.
• Petty had a 5-yard rushing touchdown in the 2nd quarter for his 2nd career rushing TD.
• RB €ˆLache Seastrunk (17 carries, 150 yards, 3 TDs) €ˆhad his 7th career 100-yard rushing game, tying him for 4th-most in program history.
• Seastrunk extended his school record with a 6th consecutive game with 100+ rushing yards -- he has the nation's longest active streak.
• LB Bryce Hager had a 91-yard fumble return TD in the 2nd quarter, the 2nd-longest fumble return in program history (Charles McClanahan, 96 vs. Missouri on 9/21/74).
• IR Tevin Reese had 61-yard TD catch in the 1st quarter -- 16 of his 18 career TD receptions have gone for 40+ yards (averages 51.9 yards per career TD reception).
• WR Antwan Goodley caught an 83-yard TD €ˆpass from Petty in the 2nd quarter, tying the 11th-longest passing play in program history.
• Goodley had his first career 100-yard receiving game (4 rec, 124 yards, 1 TD).
STAT OF THE GAME
Baylor accumulated 781 yards of offense and 70 points, both tops in school history.
TWEET OF THE GAME
"They are deserving to be in the top five right now in my opinion." - Buffalo Head Coach Jeff Quinn on Baylor
Baylor has a bye week before returning to Floyd Casey Stadium Saturday, Sept. 21, to take on Louisiana-Monroe.